This recipe comes from a dear family friend, Louise Short, and has become a family tradition for our Thanksgiving celebration.
Preparation Time: 30 mins.
Yield: 1 pie
¼ c. honey or brown sugar ¾ c. canned or cooked smashed pumpkin 1 qt. vanilla ice cream 2 graham cracker crusts ½ t. cinnamon ¼ t. ginger Dash of cloves Dash of nutmeg ¼ t. salt
- In saucepan, combine honey or brown sugar with pumpkin.
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Beat pumpkin mixture into softened ice cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Cover and store in freezer.