One of our favorite fall treats is Pumpkin Muffins. (We’d make them all year round but our grocery stores only stock canned pumpkin in the fall and winter months.) They are healthy, filling, and oh-so-yummy. View the recipe here...
This recipe comes from a dear family friend, Louise Short, and has become a family tradition for our Thanksgiving celebration.
Preparation Time: 30 mins.
Yield: 1 pie
¼ c. honey or brown sugar ¾ c. canned or cooked smashed pumpkin 1 qt. vanilla ice cream 2 graham cracker crusts ½ t. cinnamon ¼ t. ginger Dash of cloves Dash of nutmeg ¼ t. salt
- In saucepan, combine honey or brown sugar with pumpkin.
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Beat pumpkin mixture into softened ice cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Cover and store in freezer.