I fondly remember many childhood Thanksgiving celebrations at Grandma Ebersole’s home in Lancaster County, PA. Even as a child I recognized Grandma’s gift of creating incredibly delicious food with such a calm and quiet spirit. I especially looked forward to the yummy cranberry dish with dollops of cool whip. As a new wife, I tried unsuccessfully to duplicate the cranberry relish, but fortunately found a similar recipe that has become a tradition in our Thanksgiving menu. Ingredients:
4 c. cranberries 2 oranges 3 apples 2 c. sugar
- Wash berries and grind through chopper or grate with food processor.
- Wash and core apples. Chop very fine with food processor.
- Peel oranges and remove seeds. Grind.
- Combine all and add sugar.
- Let stand in frig 12-24 hours.