This is one of our favorite recipes for summer. Most of the girls don’t like cabbage, but this tastes nothing like cabbage. If you anticipate leftovers, serve the topping separately and store it in the pantry. If you mix the topping with the salad and refrigerate, the crunchy topping becomes soggy. Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad Ingredients for dressing: 2 T. olive oil 2 lg. cloves of garlic 2 T. soy sauce 1 bunch chopped onions 9 T. rice vinegar 1 seasoning packet from Ramen Chicken Noodles 2 T. sugar
Ingredients for salad: 6 chicken breasts ½ head of cabbage torn into bite-size pieces (or shredded coleslaw mix)
Ingredients for topping: ¼ c. slivered almonds 1 pkg. dry Ramen Noodles 4 T. sesame seeds
- Boil chicken for about 15 minutes. Cool and shred.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Marinade chicken in 1/3 of dressing. Refrigerate for four hours.
- Prepare topping by preheating oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all topping ingredients and place on cookie sheet or 9x9 baking dish.
- While topping is toasting, prepare salad
- Before serving, mix salad, chicken, and topping.
- Serve with extra dressing.